Just a thought…
- Design a lifestyle that allows you time to create. Develop habits in your life that benefit your creative side that can sometimes be freeing from the everyday mundane and hustle.
- Having an organized space can give you a clutter free mind, ready to create.
- Remember that it’s okay if you can’t juggle all of the plates in your life all of the time. Just try and allow yourself some leniency to mess up.
- Be consistent in allowing yourself some freedom. And if the creative life is your career… schedule, schedule, schedule the time and the space and stick to it!
- Sometimes you should unplug and go back to the basics of art… fun, free, creative messiness. Try crafting, painting, collage making, building… etc. The point is to use your hands and free your mind from such a rigid format of life and work. Put those kids to bed (for those WAHM), blast the music, pour yourself a glass of (insert beverage of choice here) and do it to it. But above all else… have FUN.
Thanks for reading… Kat